Continuing from Oracle Database Installation (Part 1 of 3)
Being a host-only network, an alternative to using shared folders on VirtualBox is to simply use Winscp to copy files across. I copied the Grid and database installation files from the host system into /stage.
INSTALLATION OF GRID INFRASTRUCTURE
Before anything, I checked if the DISPLAY is set. As the oracle user,
By default it should appear on screen right away, however if there’s an error in opening the Display, login as root and,
$ xhost +
This would disable the access control for all users
Unzip the grid installation files into the same folder and run the installer. Most values were left as default, save for the following:
1. Installation type > Install and Configure Grid for a Standalone Server
2. Disk Group DATA > Selected ASMDISK01, ASMDISK02, ASMDISK03, ASMDISK04
3. Specify same password for SYS and ASMSNMP
4. Privileged OS Groups > All set to dba
5. ‘Fix and Check’ prerequisite issues and ignore the rest
6. Save Response file
Note: SELinux had blocked the root script from executing on a previous installation, reason why SELinux was set to Permissive.
To create the Disk Group FRA,
$ . oraenv
[ORACLE_SID] = +ASM
The Oracle base for ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/grid is /u01/app/oracle
Created FRA using ASMDISK05, ASMDISK06, ASMDISK07, ASMDISK08 and set to External Redundancy.
To verify diskgroups:
INSTALLATION OF THE DATABASE SOFTWARE
Unzip the database installation files and run the Installer. Again, with the exception of a few, most values are left as default.
1. Install database software only
2. Privileged OS Groups > Select dba for both
3. Save response file
4. When executing root script, do NOT overwrite existing values
5. Close the installer
- Oracle Database Installation (Part 1 of 3) – One does not simply run the Installer (blog0racle.wordpress.com)
- Oracle Database Installation (Part 3 of 3) – Like a BOSS (blog0racle.wordpress.com)
- The Joys of SELinux (trialanderrorlinux.wordpress.com)
- ASM Basics: (oramasters.com)